Resources click to expand
Books, eBooks, DVDs/ CDs, and Audio-Visual Materials
- Search the Online Mary Miller Library Catalog
- — Find books, ebooks, movies, and audio that are available for use.
- Hesston College Print Periodicals (i.e. Magazines, Journals and Newspapers)
- — (How to find them: In the MML Catalog, perform a “Browse Search”, ,”Item Call Number” search for “Per.”)
- — A variety of digital ebooks and e-lending sources. Search for multidisciplinary, scholarly, and leisure ebooks of all genres.
- Kansas Library Catalog
- — Over 800 libraries share their catalogs with library users around the state.
- — Find scholarly books, journals, and articles.
Other Academic Libraries Resources— Search other academic library resources and services.
Databases, Online Articles, and Scholarly Resources
- Databases by Subject (Online Resources)
- A- Z List of Databases
- EbscoHost Databases– On-campus access link
- EbscoHost Databases —Off-campus access link — (sign in with your HC ID and password)
- Gale Databases
- Infobase Databases
- Reference databases featuring: Literature & language arts, careers & education, medical & health, current issues, streaming video, multi-subject, and science & mathematics.
- Online Databases- provided by the State of Kansas
- Google Scholar
- Pew Research
- Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping the world. We conduct public opinion polling, demographic research, content analysis and other data-driven social science research.
- Full-Text Journal Finder
- Hesston College Print Periodicals (i.e. Magazines, Journals and Newspapers)– (How to find them: In the MML Catalog, perform a “Browse Search”, ,”Item Call Number” search for “Per.”)
Bachelor’s Degree Resources
Aviation- Professional Pilot Open Resources
- Airman’s Information Manual (AIM)
- AVweb- (Aviation News) Worlds premier independent aviation news resource
- Flight Standards Information System — FAA Order 8900.1 – Aviation Inspector’s Handbook
- Federal Aviation Administration
- FAA Regulatory & Guidance Library (RGL) — contains many aviation regulatory, certification, and safety information documents
- FAA Legal Interpretations & Chief Counsel’s Opinions
- FAA Airman Testing Standards — includes both Airman Certification Standards (ACS) & Practical Test Standards (PTS), as applicable.
- FAA Aviation Handbooks & Manuals
- FAA Advisory Circulars (ACs)
- FAA Rulemaking — Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) & Federal Register
- FAA Air Trafic Organization (ATO) Orders
- FAA Safety Team website — Safety Skies Through Education
- FAA Office of Aerospace Medicine — Aerospace Medical and Human Factors Research
- FAA Office of Runway Safety
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Aviation Accident Database
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Case Law — Aviation
- Pilot/Controller Glossary
- Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations – FAA
Business and Economic Open Resources
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- EDGAR: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Financial Times
- Free Management Library
- Hoover’s Online
- New York Stock Exchange
- Nonprofit Explorer
- North American Industry Classification System
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*Net Online Career Information
- Prendismo (Digital video and podcast content on business and entrepreneurship)
- Standard Industrial Classification Search
- Sweets Product Marketplace
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- Wall Street Journal Business & Finance News
- Wall Street Zen
- Working Knowledge: Business Research for Business Leaders
Services and Research Assistance
Current Library Operating Hours
- Monday thru Thursday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday 4 p.m to 8 p.m.
- Please Note: Library hours will change during the last week of the fall semester and winter break.
Mary Miller Library Mission
As the information and learning center for Hesston College, the Mary Miller Library supports the academic programs, students, faculty and staff by providing a variety of information resources and access to resources, by educating library patrons in the use and evaluation of the resources, and by assisting library patrons with their information research needs, doing all of this in keeping with the Hesston College mission and purposes.