Schedule highlights: Home Sweet Hesston events Homecoming Golf Benefit; Sieber Field renaming; Steel Wheels concert
Class reunions will be held for College classes ’48, ’58, ’63, ’68, ’78, ’88, ’93, ’98, ’03, ’08 and ’13 and Academy classes ’58 and ’63. Alumni from classes before and after reunion years are invited to attend gatherings and spark memories of their Hesston Experience as well. The weekend will incorporate the wider community Home Sweet Hesston homecoming events.
Homecoming 2018 also includes a celebration of Lark Athletics and distinguished alumni athletes and Hesston coaches. All former Hesston College and Academy varsity athletes and team coaches are especially invited to attend. Learn about Hesston’s 14 varsity sports and get a look at the Be Greater capital campaign to enhance the college’s athletic and nursing facilities.
If you would be willing to help organize your class gathering or a varsity team reunion during Homecoming, contact email@example.com, 620-327-8147 or 866-437-7866. Members of any team/sport and graduation year are invited to gather for team reunions.
- Distinguished alumni athletes and coaches sharing about their go everywhere career experiences.
- Varsity men’s and women’s soccer and volleyball teams in action.
- Sixth annual Homecoming Golf Benefit at Hesston Golf Park.
- The Manickam Mosey Two-Mile Run/Walk.
- Opportunities to learn about the Be Greater capital campaign to enhance athletic and nursing facilities.
- Dedication of new disc golf course.
- Headlining entertainment – The Steel Wheels, an American folk band from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.
- Recognition of alumni nurses from the Kansas City General Hospital program.
- Annual Partner Appreciation Luncheon
- Golden Gable Luncheon and class recognition for alumni from 50 years and greater.
- Community-wide Home Sweet Hesston activities:
- Community art show
- High school football game
- Weekend meals
- Sunday morning joint worship with Hesston Mennonite Church and alumni speaker.
Look reunion information from class representatives in May, and for a detailed schedule and registration this summer here and in the summer Hesston College Today magazine.