What to Expect
Ask any of our students what the deciding factor was for them to start at Hesston, and more often than not they’ll say it was the campus visit.
The first thing you’ll notice when you visit is the strong sense of community.
During your Hesston College visit you can do all the things you’d expect: tour the campus, sit in on a class, speak with professors, have lunch with students, catch a Larks game and more. You can explore the surroundings, check out what’s happening in Wichita (just 30 minutes away), and even spend the night with a student host in one of our mods -Hesston’s own, distinct approach to residence halls.
When you visit, keep these tips in mind:
- Bring a camera to capture things that stand out
- Write down all of your questions ahead of time and bring them
- Check out bulletin boards and event postings to get a feel for social life on campus
Good times to visit
Campus visits for high school seniors and juniors – parents welcome:
We invite you to campus anytime during your junior and senior years of high school. That said, we have a few special visit weekends set aside each year. This year the dates are:
- September 15 to 16, 2017
- October 6 to 7, 2017 – Performing Arts Scholarship Auditions Oct. 6
- November 3 to 4, 2017
- December 1 to 2, 2017
- January 26 to 27, 2018
- February 9 to 10, 2018 – International Preview Day, Performing Arts Scholarship Auditions Feb. 9
- March 2 to 3, 2018
- April 6 to 7, 2018
- May 4 to 5, 2018 – Iowa and Nebraska bus trip
If these dates don’t fit your schedule, we will gladly arrange a visit at a time that works for you. Just tell us when you complete our online visit registration, drop us a line at email@example.com or call us at 800-995-2757.
- Performing Arts Scholarship Auditions
- Students who have an interest in auditioning for choir and who would like to compete for a music or theatre scholarship should plan to visit October 6, November 10, February 9 or March 2. Call our office a 800-995-2757 for more information or to schedule an audition.
Campus Open Houses for high school seniors, juniors and sophomores – parents welcome:
- September 4, 2017 (Labor Day)
- October 7, 2017
- November 4, 2017 – Nursing Open House
- December 2, 2017
- January 15, 2018 (Martin Luther King, Jr., Day)
- February 19, 2018 (Presidents’ Day)
- April 7, 2018 – Sophomore and Junior Day
- Campus Open House follows this basic schedule:
9 a.m. – Arrival at 301 S. Main St., follow signs to Open House
9:05 a.m. – Check in and welcome
9:15 a.m. – Faculty Panel
10:15 a.m. – Residence Life
10:30 a.m. – Student Panel Discussion
11:30 a.m. – Brunch
noon – Campus Tour
1 p.m. – Next steps – Admissions and Financial Aid