What to Expect
Ask any of our students what the deciding factor was for them to start at Hesston, and more often than not they’ll say it was the campus visit.
The first thing you’ll notice when you visit is the strong sense of community.
During your Hesston College visit you can do all the things you’d expect: tour the campus, sit in on a class, speak with professors, have lunch with students, catch a Larks game and more. You can explore the surroundings, check out what’s happening in Wichita (just 30 minutes away), and even spend the night with a student host in one of our mods -Hesston’s own, distinct approach to residence halls.
Good times to visit
Campus visits for high school seniors and juniors – parents welcome:
We invite you to campus anytime during your junior and senior years of high school. That said, we have a few special visit weekends set aside each year. This year the dates are:
- September 1 to 2, 2019 (Labor Day)
- October 4 to 5, 2019 – Performing Arts Scholarship Auditions Oct. 4 (see below for additional audition days)
- November 1 to 2, 2019
- November 9, 2019 – Scholars Day For those who qualify. Ask your Admissions Counselor.
- February 16 to 17, 2020
- April 3 to 4, 2020
If these dates don’t fit your schedule, we will gladly arrange a visit at a time that works for you. Just tell us when you complete our online visit registration.
- Performing Arts Scholarship Auditions
- Students who have an interest in auditioning for choir and who would like to compete for a music or theatre scholarship should plan to visit October 4, October 25, November 15 or March 6. (Some of these dates are not on larger visit weekends. No worries. You can visit anytime and we will introduce you to the full Hesston Experience!) Call our office at 620-327-4221 for more information or to schedule an audition.
Campus Open Houses for high school seniors, juniors and sophomores – parents welcome:
- Monday, September 2, 2019 (Labor Day)
- Saturday, October 5, 2019
- Saturday, November 2, 2019 – Nursing Open House
- Monday, January 20, 2020 (Martin Luther King Day, afternoon only – schedule will vary)
- Saturday, February 22, 2020
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 – Sophomore and Junior Day
- Campus Open House follows this basic schedule:
9 a.m. – Arrival at 301 S. Main St., follow signs to Open House
Student Panel Discussion
1 p.m. – wrap up