Ask any of our students what the deciding factor was for them to start at Hesston, and more often than not they’ll say it was the campus visit.
The first thing you’ll notice when you visit is the strong sense of community.
During your Hesston College visit you can do all the things you’d expect: tour the campus, sit in on a class, speak with professors , have lunch with students, catch a Larks game and more. You can explore the surroundings, check out what’s happening in Wichita (just 30 minutes away), and even spend the night with a student host in one of our mods -Hesston’s own, distinct approach to residence halls.
When you visit, keep these tips in mind:
- Bring a camera to capture things that stand out
- Write down all of your questions ahead of time and bring them
- Check out bulletin boards and event postings to get a feel for social life on campus
Good times to visit
Campus visits for high school seniors and juniors:
We invite you to campus anytime during your junior and senior years of high school. That said, we have a few special visit weekends set aside each year. This year the dates are:
- August 31 to September 1, 2014 (Labor Day)
- September 19 to 20, 2014
- September 26 to 27, 2014 – Legacy Visit Weekend and Homecoming
- October 17 to 18, 2014
- October 31 to November 1, 2014 – also Performing Arts Scholarship Auditions
- November 14 to 15, 2014
- November 28 to 29, 2014 – Little Sibling Weekend and Thanksgiving Celebration and Performing Arts Scholarship Auditions
- January 18 to 19, 2015 (Martin Luther King, Jr., Day)
- February 13 to 14, 2015 (Anabaptist Vision and Discipleship Series) and Performing Arts Scholarship Auditions
- February 15 to 16, 2015 (Presidents Weekend)
- March 20 to 21, 2015 – also Performing Arts Scholarship Auditions
Campus Open Houses for high school seniors, juniors and sophomores:
- October 18, 2014 – Campus Open House, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- November 15, 2014 – Campus Open House, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- February 14, 2015 – Campus Open House, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- March 21, 2015 – Campus Open House, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
If these dates don’t fit your schedule, we will gladly arrange a visit at a time that works for you. Just tell us when you complete our online visit registration , drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-995-2757.
- Performing Arts Scholarship Auditions
- Students who have an interest in auditioning for choir and who would like to compete for a music or theatre scholarship should plan to participate in one of these visit weekends. Call our office a 800-995-2757 for more information or to schedule an audition.
- Campus Open House
- Campus Open House follows this basic schedule:
9 a.m. – Check in and Welcome Larks Nest snack shop, Erb Hall
9:30 a.m. – Campus Tour
10:30 a.m. – Student Panel Discussion
11 a.m. – Brunch
11:40 a.m – Faculty Panel
12:15 p.m. – All About Student Life
12:30 p.m. – Next steps – Admissions and Financial Aid