Ask any of our students what the deciding factor was for them to come to Hesston, and more often than not they’ll say it was the campus visit. We’d say it’s something in the water, but it’s clearly more than that.
The first thing you’ll notice when you visit us at Hesston is the strong, almost tangible sense of community. Cliché? Sure, that’s why we wouldn’t be saying it unless it was absolutely true.
During your visit to Hesston you can do all the things you’d expect… sit in on a class, speak with professors , have lunch with students, catch a Larks game, and so on. You can explore the surroundings, check out what’s happening in Wichita (just 30 minutes away), and even spend the night with a student host in one of our mods -Hesston’s own, distinct approach to residence halls.
When you do visit, here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Bring a camera to capture things that stand out
- Write down all of your questions ahead of time and bring them
- Check out bulletin boards and event postings to get a feel for social life on campus
Good times to visit
We invite you to campus anytime during your junior and senior years of high school. That said, we have a few special visit weekends set aside each year. This year the dates are:
- September 2 to 3, 2012 – Prospective Student Visit Days
- September 28 to 29, 2012 – Alumni Prospective Student Visit Days and Homecoming Weekend
- October 26 to 27, 2012 – Prospective Student Visit Days and Anabaptist Vision and Discipleship Series conference
- November 9 to 10, 2012 – Prospective Student Visit Days
- November 22 to 24, 2012 – Little Siblings Visit Weekend and Thanksgiving Celebration (see below)
- January 20 to 21, 2013 – Prospective Student Visit Days
- February 17 to 18, 2013 – Prospective Student Visit Days
- March 22 to 23, 2013 – Prospective Student Visit Days
- June 7, 2013 – Summer Prospective Student Visit Day
If these dates don’t fit your schedule, we will gladly arrange a visit at a time that works for you. Just tell us when you complete our online visit registration , drop us a line at email@example.com or call us at 800-995-2757.
Thanksgiving Weekend is Hesston’s family weekend and an especially good time for siblings and friends of current students to visit. The weekend features holiday events such as a choral concert, worship service and music department concert. The schedule also includes a majors expo and basketball, volleyball and soccer games.
Performing Arts Scholarship Auditions -Students who have an interest in auditioning for choir and who would like to compete for a music or theatre scholarship should plan to participate in one of these visit weekends. Call our office a 800-995-2757 for more information or to schedule an audition.