As a college student, you are entitled to the privacy of your student records under the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). If you choose, you may grant a parent, guardian, or spouse access to view your academic and/or financial information through the my.hesston.edu website. Academic information includes your student schedule and grade reports. Financial information includes your financial aid and student account information.
- Log in to my.Hesston using your student username and password.
- Select either Academics or My Finances from the banner at the top of the page.
- Find the Set FERPA Permissions portlet and click on Define New Permissions.
- Complete Section 1 with the personal information for your parent, guardian, or spouse and click on Next Page–> in the bottom right corner.
- Complete Section 2 by indicating whether your wish to grant permission to view your academic information, your financial information, or both. Question 5 is optional. Once again, click on Next Page–> in the bottom right corner.
- Review the form, edit any incorrect or missing responses, and then click Submit Permissions Form at the bottom of the page.
The submitted form will be processed by a staff member in the Office of Academics. The person to whom permission has been granted will then receive an email with instructions on how to log in to the Parent page of my.Hesston with his or her own username and password. If you wish for more than one person to have access to your records, you will need to repeat the steps above for the additional individual(s).
Your parent, guardian or spouse will have permission to electronically view your student records for as long as your remain a student at Hesston College. However, at any time you may choose to retract permission that has been granted to any individual by visiting the Registrar’s Office in the Alliman Administration Center. If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 620-327-8204.