Affiliated Departments or Programs
- B.S., Business Education, Southwestern Oklahoma State University (Weatherford)
- M.S., Business Education, Emporia (Kan.) State University
Continuing Education: Wichita (Kan.) State University, Bethel College (North Newton, Kan.), Southwestern Oklahoma State University
Additional college-level and vocational teaching experience:
- Adjunct instructor at Emporia State University
- Adjunct Business instructor at Bethel College
- Accounting instructor at Central Kansas Area Vocational-Technical School
Additional Work Experience: software trainer (Excel, InDesign, Word); staff accountant; office and inventory control manager
Teaching at Hesston College is a privilege and joy for so many reasons! We, as faculty, have the opportunity to be of service to others, the church and the world through working with students. At Hesston College, students are given many opportunities to network with people from local, national and international businesses.
Our faculty value the opportunity to focus on and engage with freshman and sophomore students. Hesston College provides the flexibility and freedom to include a variety of experiences beyond the textbook. We are able to provide opportunities and leadership roles to freshmen and sophomore students which are often reserved for upper level students on a four-year campus.
Our students are given opportunities to...
- Interact with successful business people on and off campus beginning in their first semester
- Apply for a variety of internship opportunities
- Collaborate with other departments on unique, educational experience
- Attend seminars and conventions off-campus
- Work with local businesses on a variety of projects
- BuAc 205 Financial Accounting I
- BuAd 109 Exploring Business
- BuAd 112 Personal Finance
- BuAd 220 Management
- BuCS 112 Introduction to Computers
- BuCS 114 Introduction to Accounting Software
- BuCS 115 Desktop Publishing
- BuCS 117 Computer Applications
In Addition …
My journey has taken me into a variety of positions in which I was able to apply my education and previous experiences. Each position also required me to continue to develop new skills and knowledge. These experiences impact what I see as important and necessary skills students truly need for the workplace. Students must prepare for lifelong learning in order to be effective, productive and innovative employees of the future.