Affiliated Departments or Programs
- B.S.N., Goshen (Ind.) College, 1992
- M.S.N., University of Minnesota (Minneapolis), 2001
- in progress: Ph.D., nursing education track, University of Northern Colorado (Greeley) (anticipated completion - May 2018)
Licensure and Certifications
- R.N., Kansas
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
It is my mission as a nursing educator to value the uniqueness of each individual learner and provide a learner-centered environment where each person can develop their identity and passion in nursing.
- Nurs 300 Foundations 1
- Nurs 302 Foundations 2 clinical
- Nurs 306 Theories and Professional Practice
- Nurs 331 Clinical Pharmacology
- Nurs 402 Acute Care 2
In Addition …
What draws you to nursing?
I love the intersection of science and psychology that is found in nursing. It's different every day!
What about teaching energizes you?
I love seeing the light dawn as students grasp onto a new idea and concept. I enjoy pushing the students to take these new ideas further and build on them.
My current work in the Ph.D. program at UNCO has been challenging many of the ways that I teach and is pushing me to try new methods to help students learn. I’m intensely curious how the class environment impacts each student’s ability to learn.