Affiliated Departments or Programs
- B.S.Ed., Pittsburg (Kan.) State University
- M.S.Ed., Pittsburg State University
- M.A., pastoral studies, Loyola University (Chicago, Ill.)
- Graduate certificate in spiritual direction and retreats, Creighton University (Omaha, Neb.)
- Ph.D., curriculum and instruction, Kansas State University (Manhattan)
- Member of the World Language Advisory Council for KSDE, January 2009-12
- Member of CSC Leadership Class for Foreign Languages
- Member of the CSC Advisory Council
- Member of the KISS-FL committee that wrote the teacher training manual and developed teacher training workshops
- Member of the committee that wrote the Kansas Foreign Language Standards
- Member of the KFLA Executive Council for 4 years, serving as President for 2
- Participant in Foreign Language Conferences—KFLA, CSC, ACTFL
- Presenter at KFLA—several years—modern language standards, integrated assessment, differentiated learning, and classroom teaching techniques
- Reviewer of articles for the CSC Report
- Span 101/102 Elementary Spanish I/II
- Span 201/202 Intermediate Spanish I/II
In Addition …
What about teaching energizes you?
I really love working with young people and helping them move out of their isolation and expand their horizons, their world.
What are your favorite courses to teach?
I really enjoy teaching Spanish 1 and 2. I love to see the students’ confidence and abilities grow as they learn to communicate with someone who speaks a language other than English.
How has your background and educational experience shaped you as a teacher?
Every time I travel to a Spanish-speaking country or visit with Spanish-speaking family in this country I realize that we are much more alike than different. They have many struggles trying to provide a better life for their families. It motivates me to help support them, especially in their struggles with the immigration obstacles in this country.