- B.S.N., Goshen (Ind.) College, 1992
- M.S.N., University of Minnesota (Minneapolis), 2001
- Ph.D., nursing education, University of Northern Colorado (Greeley) in progress, anticipated completion - December 2016
Affiliated Departments or Programs
"My goal as an instructor is to learn as much from my students and their questions as they learn from me. Each clinical day is exciting and filled with opportunity to learn from each other."
- Nursing fundamentals
- Medical/surgical nursing
- Clinical instruction for Nursing I and Nursing II
- Course coordinator for Nursing Pharmacology, instructor for Nursing Pharmacology II, III and IV
In Addition …
What draws you to nursing?
I love the intersection of science and psychology that is found in nursing. It's different every day!
What about teaching energizes you?
I love seeing the light dawn as students grasp onto a new idea and concept. I enjoy pushing the students to take these new ideas further and build on them.
My current work in the Ph.D. program at UNCO has been challenging many of the ways that I teach and is pushing me to try new methods to help students learn. I'm intensely curious how the class environment impacts the students ability to learn.