Type: Ice Breaker/Mixer
Group Size: 10+ (Larger groups can be broken into smaller groups of 15-20)
Equipment: A line, or masking tape to mark off two parallel lines
- Everyone lines up in a straight line that is marked on the floor. If no lines are available make your own by putting down masking tape. This can be done as a single line or two parallel lines with approximately 14 inches between them.
- Divide the group into even teams. If the group is small just have one team.
- Leader gives them a task as to how they are to get in a line. Examples: tallest to shortest, order of birthdays, oldest to youngest, alphabetical order, etc.
- When people move past one another, they must do so without stepping anywhere but the line, or, in the case of parallel lines, without stepping outside the tape bounds.
- If someone places a foot down anywhere else, they are out of the game.
- The team to finish the fastest, with the most people intact, wins.
- Time the groups to see how fast they can get in order. This is especially effective if you only have one team.
- Works well with younger ages, though it is a good mixer for people of various age groups.
by or adapted by Jen LeFevre