Type: Ice Breaker
Group Size: 10-14 people
Equipment: 2 balloons
- Divide the group into two teams.
- Have both teams sit in a line in chairs or on the floor facing the opposing team.
- The two lines should be close enough that the two teams can reach out and touch hands in the middle.
- Put a balloon in play in the middle of the line.
- The object of the game is to hit the balloon over the heads of the opposing team so that it touches the floor behind them.
- When a team is successful in reaching this goal, they receive a point.
- To make the game more challenging, add the second balloon.
- Players must stay seated at all times, and they must hit the balloon with the palm of their hand.
- To accommodate more people, have several games going at once.
This game, with variations, is good for people of all ages. The Recreational Leadership class really enjoyed playing it. To make it even more challenging, keep adding balloons.