Group Size: 15 +, works best with large groups
Equipment: None needed except for area with a marked boundary (square or rectangular).
- Choose two people to be “it”. They two should stand in the middle of the playing area.
- Everyone else runs around the area trying to avoid from being caught.
- The two that are “it” hold hands and move to catch people between them in their arms. They cannot simply tag them with their outside arms.
- When caught, people join the blob by holding the others hands and they continue to work to capture people.
- The Blob will continue to get bigger and will need to strategize it’s movement.
- For large groups, this game will be better served if it is play outdoors.
- Depending on abilities of group, this game can be played walking instead of running. If played indoors, fast walking may be a safer option.
- Adjust the playing field to meet the needs of your group size.