Group Size: 10-30
- 8-10 small cones
- dodge balls
- Set up the playing area like a dodge ball court with the following variations
a. An end line behind each team
b. The 4 or 5 small cones spread around on each side
- To win the game team A must knock all the castles (cones) of team B
- If someone on team A is hit with a ball that player must go to jail (jail is behind the end line of team B)
- If you are in jail you can still participate in the game. If a ball is thrown over team B you can use it to knock over cones.
- To get out of jail you must either knock over a cone, or send a player from team B to jail.
- You may block balls from hitting the cones, but if you are hit you must go to jail.
- You may not block balls with other balls or you must go to jail.
- If you catch a ball, the thrower must go to jail.
- If a cone is accidentally kicked over, it stays down and may not be set back up.
Hints: You may want to increase the number of cones, balls, or the size of the court depending on age group, or number of participants.
Critique: Game went well. It was good to have a dodge-ball type game that too the emphasis off of hitting other people and focusing it on hitting cones instead. Playing it with college kids we might have wanted to have a bigger playing area, and maybe more cones.