Vehicle registration is free and can be done online through your myHesston account. Each student motor vehicle—car, motorcycle, truck, etc.—must be registered and display a Hesston College parking sticker on the left side of the rear bumper or in the lower left hand corner of the rear window. Make sure the sticker is visible. A registration sticker provides quick identification of a vehicle owner when a vehicle must be moved for snow removal or in emergency situations.
If you have a vehicle registration sticker from the 2012-13 school year, you do not need to re-register your vehicle. To receive your free registration sticker, follow the steps listed below.
- Complete the form that you receive at registration and send it to the Campus Facilities office by campus mail or visit the office in Laban Peachey Center, by Aug. 26, 2011. More forms are available from the office.
- Your registration sticker will be mailed to you through campus mail.
- Display the registration sticker on the left side of the rear bumper or in the lower left hand corner of the rear window.
- Display the sticker by date indicated on the sticker memo that you will receive.
- Fines for violations of the parking policy are: $10 for the first violation, $15 for the second, $20 for the third and so on.
Vehicle Parking Policy
- 15-minute parking signs or yellow curbs designate areas for short-term parking.
- Signs indicate the handicapped parking areas. Please observe these areas.
- Red curbs or a red fire lane areas. No parking at any time. Vehicles will be towed at owner’s expense.
- Park motorcycles in the parking lots or in designated areas only. No motorcycle parking under the outside stairways of Kauffman Court or on the sidewalks.
- South of Bontrager Student Center is a delivery and service area. Do not park in this area at any time.
- The drive along the south side of Erb Hall is reserved for Campus Facilities department use. No student parking and/or vehicle activity is allowed.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on sidewalks and lawns (except Campus Facilities vehicles). $50 fine.
- Park vehicles parallel with and between the parking space lines. One parking space per vehicle.
Fines for violations of this parking policy are: $10 for the first violation, $15 for the second, $20 for the third.