Located on the main floor of Smith Center, the Access Lab provides the following services to help all students achieve academic success:
- A quiet setting for study, computers for word processing and research and staff assistance with students’ coursework.
- Success courses designed to improve study skills and to develop tools integral to academic success: College Learning Strategies, Basic Writing and Career Development.
- Open tutoring and group study sessions for specified subject areas. See details at the Access Lab website (sites.google.com/a/hesston.edu/access/).
- Free peer tutoring in any subject area.
- Individual consultation with Access Lab staff to assist students working to meet their academic goals.
- Accommodations for students with special needs are coordinated by Disability Services staff. Professional documentation may be required to receive these services.
- Writing assistants are trained to support peers in writing assignments in any course at any stage of writing from brainstorming to final editing.