Hesston College requires each student to be enrolled in/ have access to a health / hospitalization plan, either through his or her family’s or employer’s plan, “exchange” provided plan, or through a student health plan. A basic student plan is available through Student Assurance Services (SAS), a national student plan provider. Enrollment forms are available in the Business Office.
Students should indicate their health/hospitalization plan coverage online (myHesston / Student Life / Health Forms). If the student indicates online that they plan to purchase the SAS student health plan, the student needs to complete the enrollment form in the Business Office. The premium for this policy will be assessed to the student’s personal account.
Hesston College will not be held responsible for student health expenses.
The following items must be completed by the student in order to be allowed to attend classes:
- Proof of Health Insurance. There must be proof of coverage (enrollment in or access to a parent health/hospitalization plan, employer plan or “exchange provided” plan) or student may enroll in the offered student health plan. Hesston College international students who are not covered under an international, parent or employer plan must enroll in the SAS plan.
- Proof of Immunization. Hesston College requires that all students must provide proof of the following immunizations by the time that they are placed in the dorms and begin classes:
- an updated Tetanus (Td) within the past ten years
- two doses of measles/mumps/rubella (or MMR) vaccine after first birthday
- a negative TB skin test since September 1, 2010.
These immunizations are sanctioned by the Kansas State Health Department and are required by Hesston College.
Meningococcal vaccine is recommended but not required. There are additional requirements for Nursing and Aviation students.