(Meet these requirements in addition to either the A.A. or A.S. degree requirements)
Total credits: 70 hours (10 credits in addition to the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree).
Grade point average: 3.25 or better in Hesston College courses. Transfer hours must have grades of C or better.
Residency: one semester of full-time study or a minimum of 30 Hesston College hours. In addition, 20 of final 30 hours must be earned at Hesston College.
Additional Skills Courses
Written Communication (3 hours) – Engl 225 Advanced Critical Research and Argument
Additional Elective (3 to 4 credit hours) – Completion of an additional elective course from an unexplored area not previously applied to fulfill a Knowledge Source Course requirement
Experiential Learning Opportunity (1 to 4 hours) – Completion of a credit bearing internship, field experience, cooperative education course or leadership course sequence
Transcultural Knowledge and Experience (1 to 4 hours) – Completion of a course with focus on transcultural knowledge and experience – choose from the following:
- BuAd 220 Management
- Educ 210 Diverse Learners
- Engl 212 World Literature
- Engl 217 Literature of Race, Ethnicity and Gender
- Mus 203 Music Appreciation
- Psy 200 General Psychology
- Soc 122 Religions of the World
- Soc 203 Introduction to Sociology
- Soc 207 Sociology of Families
- A Transcultural Experience course (1 to 4 hours)
- Spanish course/language course not used to fulfill a Source Course requirement
*No course can fulfill more than one graduation requirement. Any student who is unable to complete the Honors Degree of Study within four full-time semesters will require approval by the Honors Program of Study Selection Committee in order to remain eligible for the program.