Every successful business needs an effective manager…
to oversee performance, direct people, organize resources, implement strategies, accomplish objectives and create budgets. Managers have leadership skills to create productive environments, maintain organizational culture, improve organizational effectiveness and motivate team success. Enrich your leadership skills while gaining managerial expertise with the B.A. in Business Management degree.
What We Do
The B.A. in Business Management degree program prepares students for leadership roles and management positions within a variety of businesses and industries. The skill-set acquired in the business management undergraduate degree opens doors to a wide variety of job opportunities ranging from non-profits to Fortune 500 businesses. Students who have earned an associate degree will have the opportunity to continue their education and prepare for advancement opportunities within their business field. A bachelor’s degree in Business Management opens doors for graduate education, which increases the likelihood of potential promotions.
A Unique Immersive Experience
The B.A. in Business Management program is a unique hybrid of on-campus and travel courses designed to provide an immersive experience for the student looking for more adventure, more professional experience, and a greater challenge. Our courses provide a solid understanding of organizational leadership and management practices along with planned immersive field activities to complement the coursework, as well as industry-driven curriculum taught by experts in the field and designed to develop successful leaders for any business environment.
Our Learning Environment
Our small class sizes ensure an interactive environment where students examine case studies, collaborate on team projects, and engage with real world companies and enterprises. Students have the opportunity to deeply engage with faculty to better understand complex issues through inquiry, collaborative dialogue, examination of case studies and intellectual debate. At Hesston you’ll be surrounded by other talented students driven to learn, grow and think through solutions to business challenges.
- Develop Your Professional Identity and Career Path
- Hone your business acumen and leadership skills through our professional development courses which cover topics such as networking, developing ethical and cultural competencies, resume writing, interview preparation, etiquette and dress codes, work ethics and time management, servant leadership, and continued career mapping.
- Learn Team Dynamics and High Performance Skills
- Our small cohort design provides a safe environment to practice high performance team development and to collaborate with your classmates while working on projects and learning from the team’s successes and failures.
- Choose From Two Concentration Tracks
- Students have the option of choosing a general management track or a career track with three courses designed for their specific interest, such as production and operations management or organizational leadership.
- Experience A Unique Hybrid Program
- Three out of four semesters in the junior/senior years include a business study immersive experiential component where students gain skills, knowledge and competencies through hands-on learning within real-world organizations both domestically and internationally.
- Receive Expert Industry Teaching and Mentoring
- Learn from faculty members who are professionally engaged in their field of business and offer real-world experience and expertise to the classroom by offering relevant and practical applications.
- Begin Your Career With A Full Internship
- During the spring semester of your senior year you will complete your degree with a full semester internship in the industry you choose to pursue. Starting your junior year, we will provide guidance and support to help you apply, interview and land your dream internship.
National and International Immersive Courses
Designed to foster self-discovery, academic growth and exponential personal growth through corporate exploration and cultural immersion, Hesston’s unique business study immersive courses are academically-driven, culturally-immersive and life-changing experiences for students who want more than the traditional business class experience. Immersive courses are a hybrid of traditional college experience with set class time and schedules combined with a full immersion. You and your classmates will go on a two-week domestic or global trip embedded within a specific course or courses. The trip involves coursework, visits to corporate locations, interactions with business leaders and the application of methods and skills learned in the classroom.
This fieldwork component is a valuable opportunity to get “off the beaten path” and explore the cultural, historical and geographical nuances that business leaders consider when crafting a corporate management strategy.
Leadership for the Greater Good in a Diverse World
Are you a motivated and talented student who wants to understand and develop skills for today’s diverse management challenges? Are you ready to take charge and make a difference while developing solutions for building a better future? This program seeks a diverse group of students with a growth mindset, achievers who thrive on learning from one another and the world around them regardless of their backgrounds. They’re open to listening, adapting, respectfully sharing and challenging long-standing beliefs, and becoming global citizens.
The corporate world is constantly changing and faced with external challenges from economic shifts to sustainability crises. The business world needs the next-generation of leaders who are prepared to connect new knowledge with innovative ideas and generate new solutions. If you are ready to learn, adapt and excel alongside expert faculty and industry leaders, then this program is for you.
Electives in Business
- Organizational Team Dynamics
- Intro to Organizational Development
- Leading Diversity in Organizations
- Productions/Operations Management
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Quality Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Strategic Communication
- Ethical Leadership
- Strategic Management
- Organizational Leadership and Change Management
- Managing Conflict and Diversity in the Workplace
- Entrepreneurship for Greater Good
- Business Legal Environment
- MIS Systems Thinking
- Organization Behavior and Human Resources
- Finance Management
- Analytics and the Digital Economy
- Professional Development
16-Week Senior Internship
Total hours: 120