The student campus post office is located in Bontrager Student Center and the faculty/staff post office is located on the first floor of Alliman Administration Center. Students may use either post office. All on-campus and off-campus students are assigned mailboxes that are arranged in numerical order. Off-campus students need mailboxes for graded papers and announcements.
Monday through Friday – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., 4 to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday – 11 a.m. to noon
- Mail comes to the town of Hesston in the morning and leaves Hesston at 5 p.m. daily.
- Weekday mail is distributed at the college by 11 a.m., and leaves the college at 3 p.m. (Mail leaves the city post office at 5 p.m.)
- Saturday mail leaves the college at 9 a.m. and is delivered by 11 a.m.
- Packages may be picked up at the window anytime during open hours. Campus post office staff will place a pick-up card in the mailboxes of students who receive packages. To retrieve a package, a student must return the pick-up card and show his or her ID card if requested.
- UPS outgoing is available at the Laban Peachey Center. Incoming UPS will be delivered to the post office by 3:45 p.m.
- Outgoing and campus mail is divided into three slots located beside the bank of mailboxes.
Mail is divided into two categories: Campus Mail (sent to other students, faculty or staff, postage free when dropped in the Campus Mail slot at the Bontrager Student Center or Alliman Administration Center post office) and Outgoing Mail (sent to off-campus addresses, requires first-class postage). Campus Mail requires a full name on the envelope or card. Notes or cards should be at least 3 1/2 by 5 inches.
Hesston’s student address is:
Hesston, KS 67062
Students should make sure that all mail comes so addressed. Do NOT include room number or campus box number. Do NOT use street address (325 S. College Dr.) for mail to be delivered by the U.S. Postal Service. The street address is only for packages delivered by other companies (Federal Express and UPS, for example).
Hesston College Mail (mail addressed to college offices, faculty or staff) is:
Hesston, KS 67062
- Stamps. The campus post office sells stamps in small or large quantities, books of stamps and stamped envelopes.
- Envelopes. The campus post offices sells stamped and padded envelopes.
- Scales. The campus post office has scales to weigh letters and packages to determine correct postage.
- ZIP code information. All letters in the United States require ZIP codes. Postal staff offer assistance with ZIP code information.
- Insured mail.
- Certified letters.
- Custom forms for foreign packages.