Hesston College requires each student to have a health insurance plan, either through his or her family’s or employer’s plan or through the student health plan available through Hesston College. Students should update their health insurance information on myHesston under the Student Development tab prior to the start of classes. Students can also explore plans available through their local insurance broker, the national health insurance exchanges or through other vendors. If the student indicates that they are not covered under a health insurance plan, they should be prepared to enroll in the student health plan offered through the college. Hesston College will not be held responsible for student health expenses.
The following items must be completed by the student in order to be allowed to attend classes:
- Proof of Health Insurance. There must be proof of coverage (enrollment in or access to a parent health/hospitalization plan, employer plan or “exchange provided” plan) or student may enroll in the offered student health plan. Hesston College international students who are not covered under an international, parent or employer plan must enroll in the student health plan offered through the college.
- Proof of Immunization. Hesston College requires that all students must provide proof of the following immunizations by the time that they are placed in the dorms and begin classes:
- an updated Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (TDAP) within the past ten years
- two doses of measles/mumps/rubella (or MMR) vaccine after first birthday
- Meningococcal vaccine required for on-campus students only
- a negative TB skin test screening form
- history of chicken pox (varicella) is recommended.
These immunizations are sanctioned by the Kansas State Health Department and are required by Hesston College.
There are additional requirements for nursing and aviation students.