The Access Lab, located on the main floor of Smith Center, provides the following services for students:
- free tutoring services.
- accommodations for students with special needs. Professional documentation from a medical professional is required to receive these services.
- writing assistance for class writing assignments and projects.
- individual consultation with Access Lab staff.
- group study sessions for selected courses.
- a quiet study atmosphere and staff to assist students.
Writing Assistant Program
Writing assistants are students who are selected to provide several kinds of writing support for students. Those chosen for the writing assistant program are supervised by a faculty member and are trained how to best assist students with all aspects and stages of their writing assignments across the curriculum. Writing assistants have regularly scheduled times for walk-in services in the Access Lab and the Larks Nest, or students may schedule an appointment.
For more information about the writing assistant program and other services offered in the Access Lab, please visit my.Hesston under the Access Lab tab.