Hesston College is committed to providing a learning, working and living environment that promotes personal integrity, civility and mutual respect in an environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, which includes all forms of sexual misconduct. In support of this statement, Hesston College provides the following purpose statement as it relates to our Title IX preventative strategies:
Hesston College will:
- Educate. Provide effective training for students and employees, including prevention strategies for students, to help build a foundation for healthy relationships.
- Nurture. Support students in living out these teachings and beliefs so they continue to seek and maintain healthy relationships as they start here and go everywhere. Encourage employees to model characteristics of right relationships from which students can learn.
- Provide a Christ-Centered learning, working and living Community that promotes personal integrity, civility and mutual respect in a setting free of discrimination based on sex, which includes all forms of sexual misconduct.
Per our policy, if an investigation occurs, Hesston College will:
- Respect the reporter’s request for an informal resolution or to report a concern without action, when doing so is in the best interest of the parties involved as well as the college community.
- Provide a neutral, unbiased, impartial, and objective investigation to determine if this policy was violated.
- Select another investigator if one of the individuals involved establishes, or the Title IX Coordinator concludes, the investigator has a conflict of interest.
- Follow college procedures without material deviation.
- Treat everyone who participates in the investigation with dignity and respect.
- Ensure both the reporting party and the responding party have opportunities to participate in the investigation.
- Recognize that the college has the burden of proving any violation of policy; that burden is not on those involved in the investigation.
- Provide equitable procedural protections to all parties.
- Determine if the responding party more likely than not violated the policy and provide a response of such to the reporter and the responding party.
- Provide the reporter and the responding party an opportunity to review the initial investigation report and give them 48 hours to respond with any additional information relevant to the investigation.
- Take appropriate action for any policy violation.