Student Complaint Policy

Students are encouraged to use the following avenues to resolve conflict.

  1. Students are encouraged to resolve residential life issues directly or with the help of the RA. Off-campus students can contact the dean of students directly with any community life concerns. Students are encouraged to resolve academic issues directly with their instructor or with the help of their academic advisor.
  2. If the issue is not resolved, student should contact their resident director, the dean of students and then the vice president of Student Life for unresolved issues in residential life. For unresolved academic issues, the student should contact the vice president of Academics.
  3. If the problem remains unresolved, the student should file a written complaint with the president of Hesston College.

Handbook 2018-19