Programs Approved at Hesston College
All courses and programs of study at Hesston College that lead to the Associate of Arts, the Associate of Science or the Associate of Applied Arts and Sciences have been approved by the Veterans Administration (VA). If you are a veteran or the survivor or dependent of a veteran you can use VA education benefits in pursuit of any of these degrees.
Steps involved in securing benefits
- To apply for education benefits, you may use the VONAPP Veterans On-line Application website. Alternatively, you may complete Form 22-1990 (Application for VA Education Benefits) and mail it to the St. Louis Regional Processing Office. If you are seeking benefits as a survivor or dependent of a veteran, complete Form 22-5490 (Application for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance). If you have previously used VA education benefits at another school, complete Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training).
- If you wish to use your education benefits at Hesston College, provide to the registrar’s office a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility, which indicates that you have been approved to receive benefits at a program of education or place of training. You should receive the Certificate of Eligibility in the mail, but you can also print off a copy of the certificate and other personal documents by logging in to your account on the VA’s eBenefits website.
- Once you have been enrolled in classes at Hesston College, the registrar will certify your enrollment within the time frame permitted by the VA. Hesston College uses VA-ONCE, an Internet-based alternative for submitting Forms 22-1999, 22-199b and 22-6553c. You will receive an email notification when your enrollment certification has been submitted. If your course schedule changes at any point after the initial certification for the term, please notify the registrar so that adjustments may be submitted to the VA.
You may also pursue vocational training (not for college credit) through the college’s Aviation program. If you wish to be certified through the vocational training program rather than using education benefits, please contact Travis Pickerill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GI Bill
- VONAPP Veterans On-line Application
- VA student handouts and forms
- OnlineSchools.org Additional information about eligibility and application to veterans’ scholarships
NOTE: Once you have applied for benefits, you can check the status of your account at any time by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).
Hesston College VA Certifying Officer, Educational
Sheryl Hodge, Registrar
Alliman Administration Center Room 202
301 S Main St
Hesston, KS 67062
Hesston College VA Certifying Officer, Vocational
Travis Pickerill, Aviation Professor and Chief Flight Instructor
Office at Hangar K at Newton City/County Airport