Spring musical – Working – coming April 1 to 3, 8 to 10
- We believe that creativity and talent should be nurtured by positive and driven faculty and staff who recognize the potential in every individual.
- We believe that students should be given hands-on, professional experiences with individual instruction.
- We believe that theatre is not contained on the stage but can be utilized in every profession and classroom.
- We believe that theatre is a gift and that the talents and skills of each of us were given by God so that we might use them to better understand and appreciate His creation.
Top 10 reasons to START with Theatre at Hesston College:
- A chance to compete for our top theatre scholarship award, which offers not only a scholarship, but also a PAID student ambassador position for the Theatre department. This is a wonderful resume builder.
- Theatre scholarships offered in acting, stage management and design.
- Experience theatre in its many forms: black box, outdoor, improv, social justice, musical, traveling troupe, congregational drama and other cutting edge formats.
- Prime roles in your first two years!
- Opportunities to participate in a wide variety of theatre productions ranging from comedy to drama and classical to contemporary.
- Hands-on professional experiences, including student-directing and designing, all in your first two years.
- Musical Theatre Workshop offered every other spring. The workshop is led by local dance, music and acting professionals, including a nationally recognized music theatre director.
- Trips to American College Theatre Festivals for workshops, networking and performances.
- Mentorship opportunities with theatre professionals, as well as acting alongside distinguished faculty members.
- Alumni networks that may help land that first job or role after college.
About the Department
Scholarship recommendation form
What can I do with a theatre major?
Recent main stage productions – photos, posters and programs
Mariann Martin Award