International Application Process

Admission Requirements

  1. Application for Admission (no fee is required)You may apply online or download a paper application (77kb pdf)
  2. Copy of photo page of current passport
  3. A copy of the secondary school transcript (courses taken and grades earned)If the applicant has taken any national examination, a copy of the results must be sent. If the applicant has completed any university study, that transcript should also be sent.
  4. Evidence of English language proficiency required in most cases. (If you receive a diploma from a U.S. high school, no English proficiency score is required for admission.) Hesston College accepts these minimum scores:

    400 on the Paper-Based TOEFL (PBT), 97 on the Computer-Based TOEFL (CBT), 32 on the Internet-Based TOEFL (iBT)

    4.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)

    350 on the TOEIC

    2.5 on the International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP)

    54 on the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)

    Pre-2 on the STEP EIKEN test

    700 on the Global Test of English Communication-Based Testing (GTEC CBT) Japan

    Successfully complete Level 4 at an ELS Language Center

  5. Evidence of adequate financial resources (bank statement or bank letter, etc.) which shows the availability of funds for a minimum of the first year of study at Hesston College.
  6. Advance payment (deposit) may be required.

Application Deadline

Hesston College does not have an application deadline, but you are advised to apply as early as possible, especially if you are seeking financial aid.

After Admission is Granted

You will receive an I-20 form from Hesston College so you can apply for a student visa from the nearest United States consulate. In some cases, an advance payment will be required before the I-20 is sent.

Travel arrangements

Make arrangements to fly to Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport in Wichita, Kansas. The Wichita airport code is ICT. Notify the Director of International Student Admissions of your travel plans so someone from the college can meet you at the airport.


Students under the age of 24 live on campus. Many fun-filled opportunities exist for students: concerts, dances, movies, roller skating, athletic events. Use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs is prohibited on campus.

During Christmas and other extended holidays, you may live in homes with families. The Director of International Student Services will make these arrangements.