- Application for Admission (no fee is required) You may apply online or download a paper application (77kb pdf)
- Copy of photo page of current passport
- Please send the following:
- high school transcripts
- high school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary studies (for those who have completed secondary studies at the time of application)
- national exam scores
- college or university transcipts, if applicable
A professional transcript evaluation may be required. This will be at the cost of the applicant.
- 400 – Paper Based TOEFL (PBT)
- 32 – Internet Based TOEFL (iBT)
- 4.5 – International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- 350 – TOEIC
- 2.5 – International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP)
- 54 – Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Pre-2 – STEP EIKEN test
- 700 – Global Test of English Communication-Based Testing (GTEC CBT) Japan
- 70 – DuoLingo*
- 24 – Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Successful completion of Level 4 at an ELS Language Center
Hesston College waives the English proficiency test score requirement in the following situations:
- Student is a native English speaker
- Student attended a U.S. high school*
- Student attended a high school or university in which all classes were taught in English*
Items marked with a * meet acceptance requirement but an Institutional English proficiency test will be required on arrival for class placement. There is not charge to the student for this test.
Application Deadline – June 1, 2023 for fall 2023 admission
You are advised to apply as early as possible, especially if you are seeking financial aid.
After Admission is Granted
You will receive an I-20 form from Hesston College so you can apply for a student visa from the nearest United States consulate. In some cases, an advance payment will be required before the I-20 is sent. Visa application deadline is August 1, 2023.
Make arrangements to fly to Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport in Wichita, Kansas. The Wichita airport code is ICT. Notify the Director of International Student Admissions of your travel plans so someone from the college can meet you at the airport. Arrive August 13, 2023, in time for orientation.
Students under the age of 24 live on campus. Many fun-filled opportunities exist for students: concerts, dances, movies, roller skating, athletic events. Use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs is prohibited on campus.
During Christmas and other extended holidays, you may live in homes with families. The International Student Support Coordinator will make these arrangements.