We have a lot to celebrate!
This fall Bel Canto Singers turns forty years old! But wait…that’s not all. Ken Rodgers will be on his 20th International Chorale tour to Europe and the church in Joure, Netherlands, where we have sung every year, the Doopsgezinde Gemeente, is celebrating its 200th year in their church building.
It’s time for a Hesston College Music Department Reunion!
40 Years of Bel Canto Singers
Homecoming Weekend 2023, Sept. 22 to 23
Join us for a Bel Canto Singers reunion during Homecoming.
Friday, September 22
- 7 to 8:30 p.m. – Bel alumni choir rehearsal
- 8:30 p.m. – Reception
Saturday, September 23
- 1:30 to 3:15 p.m. – Bel alumni choir rehearsal
- 3:30 p.m. – 40 Years of Bel Canto Singers concert
Bel Canto Singers Tour, March 10 to 17, 2024
All Hesston College alumni: meet up with us on tour for a short rehearsal before our concert and sing with us during our performance.
More info to follow as tour locations get planned. The following is an outline of the communities we plan to visit.
- March 10 – Harrisonburg, Va.
- March 11 – Lancaster, Pa.
- March 12 – Lansdale, Pa.
- March 13 – Kidron, Ohio
- March 15 – Goshen, Ind.
- March 19 – Hesston, Kan.
Hesston College alumni and friends choir tour to Europe
– May 14 to 29, 2024
This trip is open to all Hesston College alumni and friends. Maybe you want to relive the experience you had as a student, share it with someone else or you missed out on this opportunity when you were a student. Maybe you just want to spend two weeks with Euro-Ken Rodgers!
This tour will include a short music festival in Joure, Netherlands, and begin by traveling alongside the International Chorale. You are invited and encouraged to sing with the International Chorale for a portion of our performances, including the bon voyage concert on Friday, May 10, at Hesston College. Participants will meet in Amsterdam and are not required to travel to Hesston before the start of the trip.
- Concerts and sight-seeing in Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland
- Spending time in the homes of European hosts
- City highlights including Amsterdam, Cologne and Zurich
- Visiting some of the world’s greatest cathedrals and museums
- Two days in the Swiss Alps in Wengen, Switzerland
- Reconnecting with old friends and making new ones
Cost: $3,000 (estimate) plus airfare and meals.
Includes bus, hotel and museum tickets. Price subject to change depending on numbers of participants and home stay availability.
Tour leaders: Russell Adrian, Ken Rodgers, Holly Swartzendruber and Karen Unruh