Hesston College provides International Scholarships. The amount of the scholarship is determined after the student submits the Application for Admission and the academic records.
Students under the age of 24 live on campus. Many fun-filled opportunities exist for students: concerts, dances, movies, roller skating, athletic events. Use of alcohol, tobacco, and drugs is prohibited on campus.
During Christmas and other extended holidays, you may live in homes with families. The International Student Advisor will make these arrangements.
More than 50 percent of our international students are employed on campus. Before accepting off-campus employment, international students are required to secure U.S. employment authorization.
- Application for Admission (no fee is required)You may apply online or download a paper application (77kb pdf)
- Photo (passport-style photo)
- A copy of the secondary school transcript (courses taken and grades earned)If the applicant has taken any national examination, a copy of the results must be sent. If the applicant has completed any university study, that transcript should also be sent.
- Evidence of English language proficiency required in most cases. Hesston College accepts these minimum scores:
440 on the Paper-Based TOEFL (PBT)
123 on the Computer-Based TOEFL (CBT)
41 on the Internet-Based TOEFL (iBT)
4.0 on the International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP)
4 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Grade 2 on the STEP EIKEN test
475 on the TOEIC
- Evidence of adequate financial resources (bank statement or bank letter, etc.) which shows the availability of funds for a minimum of the first year of study at Hesston College.
Hesston College does not have an application deadline, but you are advised to apply as early as possible, especially if you are seeking financial aid.
After Admission is Granted
You will receive an I-20 form from Hesston College so you can secure a visa from the nearest United States consulate. Make arrangements to fly to Wichita Mid-Continent Airport in Wichita, Kansas. Notify the Director of International Student Admissions of your travel plans so someone from the college can meet you at the airport.
When you arrive at Hesston College, you will participate in an orientation with other international students. We will take you to stores so you can buy supplies for your dormitory room, and we will help you feel comfortable in your new home.
English Language Study
For students needing English as a Second Language (ESL), Hesston College offers several courses each term. We can also arrange intensive language study at language centers in various locations around the U.S. Specific information about ESL options is available upon request.
Up to six credit hours of ESL courses may be used for graduation from Hesston College.