The college is located on a 40-acre campus in the town of Hesston, Kansas, with additional adjacent and nearby facilities. Major facilities include the following:
- Alliman Administration Center
- administrative offices.
- Bonnie Sowers Nursing Center
- classrooms, simulation and skills laboratories and faculty offices for the nursing program.
- Bontrager Student Center
- dining hall, meeting rooms, Dining Services offices.
- Dyck Arboretum of the Plains
- prairie gardens and several facilities including the Visitor and Education Center, Prairie Pavillions and HUB.
- Erb Hall
- housing for 280 students; offices for vice president of Student Life, campus pastor, campus activities; Larks Nest snack shop and Bookstore.
- Friesen Center
- ceramics studio, engineering faculty offices, classrooms and lab.
- Hesston College Hangar at Newton City-County Airport
- Home base for Hesston’s Aviation program is the Newton City-County Airport, a low-density traffic area. Fifteen airports lie within 35 miles of Newton, ranging from 1,500-foot sod strips to controlled airports such as Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower Airport for advanced training, instrument approach, radar and VORTAC services. Hesston College School of Aviation also operates a satellite base of operations at New Horizons Aviation, Goshen (Ind.) Municipal Airport.
- J.D. Charles Hall of Science and Arts
- faculty offices and classrooms and laboratories for instruction in chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics.
- Kauffman Court
- housing for 140 students.
- Keim Center for Performing Arts Education
- Music and Theatre programs, classrooms, rehearsal spaces, faculty studios and campus worship space; Black Box Theater (part of Keim Center)—rehearsal and performance space for theatre productions.
- Kropf Center
- Bible and Ministry Center, faculty offices, computer classroom, Computer Information Technology laboratory, classrooms.
- Laban Peachey Center
- Campus Facilities department offices and shop.
- Smith Center and Mary Miller Library
- more than 25,000 volumes, subscriptions to 225 periodicals and newspapers and access to multiple online databases. Access Lab. Faculty and staff offices, classrooms and archives.
- Yost Center, Campus Activities Center, Oswald Field, Bess Mullet Field and Sieber Field
- physical education facilities (equipment and playing space for baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, volleyball and tennis).
- Hesston Mennonite Church
- space for formation and other large campus gatherings.
Nursing students use the following clinical affiliations in their education: Hesston College campus; Hutchinson Clinic and Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Hutchinson; EmberHope Youthville, Harvey County Health Department, NMC Health Medical Center, Newton Unified School District 373, Peace Connections/Circle of Hope and ResCare, Newton; Schowalter Villa, Hesston; McPherson Hospital and PACE, McPherson; Ascension Via Christi and Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, and additional facilities as needed.
Stutzman Retreat Center
Stutzman Retreat Center is located about six miles from Hesston. The 17-acre setting includes a pond, a rustic-style log cabin, several picnic areas and walking paths.
Dyck Arboretum of the Plains
Dyck Arboretum of the Plains is a setting for educational opportunities for the community and a place where visitors may come to enjoy nature or sit in quiet reflection. It consists of 25 acres and is located one block south of campus. Dyck Arboretum’s Visitor and Education Center houses arboretum offices and an education hall for arboretum and community programs. The Prairie Pavilion provides a multi-use venue for meetings, receptions, weddings and formal dinners. The arboretum is designed to create an awareness of the natural beauty of Kansas with emphasis on trees, shrubs, flowers and grasses native to Kansas and/or characteristic of the prairie. In addition to dense plantings, open areas are part of the design, reminding the visitor of the vastness of the plains. For more information, visit www.dyckarboretum.org.