2019 Explore Kansas trip – Friday, May 24
The 2019 trip travels to southeast Kansas and Fort Scott on the Frontier Military Historic Byway. The byway is a “line” drawn throughout Kansas’ history. To hold bus space please register online.
- Village Tours roundtrip bus service with 6:30 a.m. departure
- Cinnamon rolls/juice/coffee upon arrival in Fort Scott
- Trolley tour of historic Fort Scott
- Fort Scott National Historic Site: Promise of a Permanent Indian Frontier
- Nate’s Place historic restaurant lunch
- Tour of Lyons Twin Mansions Bed & Breakfast
- Lowell Milken Center for Unsung Heroes: Stories of Irena Sendler: Life in Jar & The Little Rock Nin
- Gordon Parks Museum/Center for Culture and Diversity – named in honor of the self-taught artist and Life magazine photographer
- Browsing the shops, antique stores and boutiques along the cobbled streets of downtown Fort Scott, followed by dinner
- Estimated 10:30 p.m. arrival in Hesston with dreams of more Explore Kansas!