Send us your leaders so they can thrive from the START.
At Hesston College, students have leadership opportunities as early as their first and second years.
– Leah Huyard (Harrisonburg, Virginia), class of 2019
Hesston College students and alumni often speak to the way in which their Hesston Experience helped to shape and grow their leadership abilities. So much of this is because Hesston students are offered leadership experiences from the start of their college experience instead of waiting until their junior and senior year. These early experiences help them discover their passions and gifts. Hesston students go everywhere with the confidence and experience to be a successful leader in their careers, communities and churches.
High school guidance counselors and pastors can nominate up to three junior or senior students (who will graduate in 2023 or 2024) in whom you see natural leadership gifts. These don’t have to be students who are considering Hesston at this point.
Prospective students referred for a leadership scholarship by their high school guidance counselor or pastor will
- Be informed of their referral by their admissions counselor
- Be offered a $1,000 Leadership Scholarship upon applying for admission
- Be invited to Hesston College’s Lark Leadership Day in the fall of their senior year where they will increase their Leadership Scholarship award by an additional $1,000
- Have opportunities for further leadership training when they choose to START HERE
Leadership opportunities at Hesston College include:
- Academic Leadership Program
- Honors Program
- Resident assistant
- Ministry assistant
- Peer mentor
- Formation (formerly Chapel) Planning Committee
- Athletic team captain
- Choir soloist
- Lead in the plays
- Writing assistant
- Peer tutor
- Bible study leader
- Athletic team manager
- Student Ambassador
- Campus Worship leader
- Club leader
– Cal Hartley (Benton, Kansas), class of 2019