The Hesston College Music Department is proud to present the third Hesston College Keyboard Festival for pianists, organists and music lovers in the region. The festival takes place the morning/afternoon of Saturday, March 13, 2021.
This event has been canceled for 2021 due to COVID-19. Please join us again in 2022!
Saturday, March 13
- 8 a.m. – Registration, Keim Center lobby
- 8:30 a.m. to noon – Piano and organ competition round 1
- 9 a.m. to noon – Festival workshop presentations
- Noon to 1 p.m. – lunch break
- 1 to 2 p.m. –
- Masterclasses for senior and college divisions, as well as organ students
Intro to Harpsichord for Elementary and Junior students
- 2:30 p.m. – Faculty and guest recital
- 3:15 p.m. – Division finalists announced
- 3:45 p.m. – Finalists recital, competition round 2
Categories and Requirements
- Elementary division (age 9 and under)
- One or two works, no longer than 3 minutes, with one selection by a Baroque composer.
- Junior division (ages 10-13)
- One or two works, no longer than 5 minutes, with one selection by a Baroque composer.
- Senior division (ages 14-18)
- One or two works, no longer than 8 minutes, with one selection by a Baroque composer.
- College division (non-keyboard major)
- Two works, no longer than 12 minutes, with one selection by a Baroque composer.
- College division (keyboard major)
- Two or three works, no longer than 15 minutes, with one selection by a Baroque composer.
- Four-Hand division
- One work by composer of choice for one or two pianos, no longer than 5 minutes. Students must be enrolled in a solo division to participate. Open to any age combinations; one performer may be a teacher. Outstanding duets will be invited to perform on the finals recital.
All solo piano music must be memorized. Repeats are optional depending on length.
Organists may enter Senior or College divisions. Organ music does not need to be memorized.
- Elementary division: $30
- Junior division: $40
- Senior division: $40
- College division (non-keyboard major) $50
- College division (keyboard major) $60
Additional $5 registration fee for those registering after March 1. Registration closes March 5.
Registration fees are non refundable unless the event is canceled due to weather.
- Each performer will receive a participation certificate and festival T-shirt.
- Top 3 performers in each division will perform their Baroque selection on the finals recital.
- Winners of each division will receive an award, with cash prizes totaling $1,000 for Senior and College Divisions.