Hesston College Keyboard Competition – A festival of Baroque and Classical music
Saturday, November 20, 2021
Saturday, November 20
- 10:30 a.m. – Registration, Keim Center lobby
- NOTE UPDATED TIME
- 11 a.m. to noon – Piano and organ competition round 1
- 11 a.m. to noon – Festival workshop presentations
- Noon to 1 p.m. – lunch break
- 1 to 2 p.m. – Masterclasses for all divisions
- 2:15 to 2:45 p.m. – Organ concert
- 2:45 p.m. – Division finalists announced
- 3 p.m. – Finalists recital, competition round 2
- 4 p.m. – Final awards presentation
Categories and Requirements
- Elementary division (age 9 and under)
- One or two works, no longer than 3 minutes, with one selection by a Baroque or Classical composer.
- Junior division (ages 10-13)
- One or two works, no longer than 5 minutes, with one selection by a Baroque or Classical composer.
- Senior division (ages 14-18)
- One or two works, no longer than 8 minutes, with one selection by a Baroque or Classical composer.
- Four-Hand division
- One work by composer of choice for one or two pianos, no longer than 5 minutes. Students must be enrolled in a solo division to participate. Open to any age combinations; one performer may be a teacher. Outstanding duets will be invited to perform on the finals recital.
Each participant must select one work by a Baroque or Classical composer, or both.
All solo piano music must be memorized. Repeats are optional depending on length.
Organ music does not need to be memorized.
- Elementary division: $30
- Junior division: $40
- Senior division: $40
Registration closes November 15.
Registration fees are non refundable unless the event is canceled due to weather.
- Each performer will receive a participation certificate and festival T-shirt.
- Top 3 performers in each division will perform their Baroque or Classical selection on the finals recital.
- Winners of each division will receive a cash award.