An online Weekend College event
Pastors and church leaders have had unprecedented challenges during COVID-19. How do we care for each other when we can’t be together? How do we move toward each other in a time of historical division if we can’t be in proximity? How do we reach out when we really should stay home? Tensions, divisions and frustrations abound and the Pastor is at the center of it all. But what if in the midst of challenge comes the opportunity for transformative change?
Saturday, February 20, 2021
- 9 to 10:30 a.m. – Join Guest Speaker David Fitch to discuss “What does it mean to be the Church?”
- David Fitch is Betty R. Lindner Chair of Evangelical Theology at Northern Seminary, Chicago, Ill., author at Missio Alliance and founding pastor of Life on the Vine Christian Community in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
- 11 a.m. to noon – John the Baptist goes to AA
- Join Michele Hershberger for an interactive hour of spiritual guidance and self-care. Explore the principles of the 12 Steps as they apply to John the Baptist and all of us. How can something so discombobulating as COVID be an opportunity for new life? How can we grieve well, let go and look forward?
- 1 to 2:30 p.m. – “Moving from Challenges to Discovering Opportunities”
- Join Jessica Schrock-Ringenberg for a leadership team coaching event in which pastors and congregation leadership teams will be guided through questions to help them discover the unique opportunities COVID offers for true congregational change and where they believe their church can make progress despite post-COVID challenges.
$50 per person, $25 each for three or more from the same congregation