The summer lull on the Hesston College campus will soon come to an end as students arrive for the 2018-19 year, which launches with Opening Weekend activities August 17 to 19, and the first day of the fall term on August 20.
Community members are welcome to join the campus community for several weekend community-building activities, including:
- Opening Celebration, 8 p.m., Friday, Aug. 17, Hesston Mennonite Church
- Maroon and Gold volleyball scrimmage, 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 18, Yost Center
- Opening Worship with the Hesston Mennonite congregation, 10:30 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 19, Hesston Mennonite Church
- Mod Olympics, 6:45 p.m., Aug. 19, Hesston College soccer field, which features on-campus students competing in their mod groups in lighthearted games that promote community and new friendships
Those interested in keeping up to date with on- and off-campus college events and activities, can see or subscribe to a public events calendar.
One campus event of note for the 2018-19 year is Homecoming Weekend, Sept. 27 to 30. The weekend will feature a celebration of 60 years of Lark intercollegiate athletics, including:
- The attendance of Evan Oswald, “father of Hesston College Athletics”
- Launch of a Hesston College Athletic Hall of Fame
- Homecoming Golf Benefit Register
- Recognition of Kansas City General Hospital/Hesston College alumni
- Manickam Mosey Two-Mile Run/Walk Register
- Kids Festival and free community picnic meal
- The Steel Wheels concert, a leading American folk music group from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. Buy tickets through the Hesston College Bookstore in person or online.