- Monthly checking of emergency lighting
- As part of the college’s safety program, all emergency lighting throughout the campus needs to be tested and recorded. Staff will provide training.
- Flower bed maintenance
- As part of its beautification program, the college maintains a significant number and variety of flower beds. An approach to maintaining these is to have interested persons or families adopt a specific flower bed, assist with the initial planting, then tend it throughout the growing season, including watering and weeding as needed. Flexible schedule.
- Quality control of cleaning in gymnasiums
- Yost Center and the Campus Activities Center are two high-use areas by students that are also exposed to the public on a recurring basis. Someone with a practiced eye to monitor finer details of cleaning that are often overlooked would upgrade both appearance and function. Would involve some time on a weekly, but flexible, schedule, primarily during the school year.
To express your interest in the volunteer positions above…
send an email to Bill Zuercher, indicating that you are interested in volunteering to help with maintenance, facilities, grounds, or housekeeping. Specify which job interests you. Please include your name, address and phone number.