The Hesston-Bethel Performing Arts Series is a collaborative effort of Hesston College and Bethel College, presenting five performances by world-renowned or regionally acclaimed artists each year. The series started in 1982 as Hesston Performing Arts (HPA) with funding and planning provided by Hesston College and the Hesston community. In 1998 HPA planners launched a partnership with Bethel College, and the series name changed to Hesston-Bethel Performing Arts. HBPA is funded in part by Excel Industries and Hustler Turf Equipment (Hesston), the cities of Hesston and North Newton and area patrons.
The 2019-20 season includes performances by
- Donald Sinta Quartet, Friday, October 18, 2019, 7:30 p.m., Memorial Hall, Bethel College
- Lorelei Ensemble, Thursday, November 7, 2019, 7:30 p.m., Hesston Mennonite Church, Hesston College
- The Swingles: Winter Tales, Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 7:30 p.m., Hesston Mennonite Church, Hesston College
- The Queen’s Cartoonists, Friday, February 7, 2020, 7:30 p.m., Krehbiel Auditorium, Bethel College
- Goitse, Monday, March 9, 2020, 7:30 p.m., Hesston Mennonite Church, Hesston College