Total enrollment: 449
14% international students
42% U.S. students from outside of Kansas
44% students from Kansas
Students come from 31 U.S. states and 17 countries in addition to the United States.
Countries represented: Bolivia, Canada, China, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Haiti, Indonesia, Japan, Nigeria, South Korea, Sudan, Thailand, Vietnam, Zimbabwe
U.S. states with 50 or more students at Hesston: Kansas
States with 11 to 49 students at Hesston: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas
States with 6 to 10 students at Hesston: Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska, Virginia
Stats with 1 to 5 students at Hesston: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Washington
Compared to two-year colleges nationwide, benchmark scores according to data from 2012 Community College Survey of Student Engagement, Hesston College surpassed the average score for all two-year colleges and the average score for colleges in the top 10% nationwide in all six areas measured by the survey.
- Student effort: Average score for all two-year colleges – 50%; average score for top 10% of colleges – 57%; Hesston College’s score – 59%
- Academic challenge: Average score for all two-year colleges – 50%; average score for top 10% of colleges – 57%; Hesston College’s score – 70?%
- Active and collaborative learning: Average score for all two-year colleges – 50%; average score for top 10% of colleges – 60%; Hesston College’s score – 71%
- Support for learners: Average score for all two-year colleges – 50%; average score for top 10% of colleges – 59%; Hesston College’s score – 71?% – the highest in the nation.
- Student-faculty interaction: Average score for all two-year colleges – 50%; average score for top 10% of colleges – 58%; Hesston College’s score – 73% – the highest in the nation.
Average ACT score of first-year students: 22.1
More than 3/4 of Hesston College courses are above the average of other colleges, earning the college exceptional distinction among two- and four-year institutions nationwide. The Individual Development and Educational Assessment
97% of Hesston College alumni say they would Start Here again.
Average percent of Hesston College student satisfaction compared to what’s important to them: 96.
According to the Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI), Hesston College students are more satisfied than their peers at private four-year colleges and universities nationwide in all five areas measured by the survey.
- Instructional effectiveness
- Student centeredness
- Campus climate
- Safety and security
- Responsiveness to diverse populations
Unique in Kansas
- Overall nursing licensure rate of 99%
- One of two FAA-approved flight training programs
- Only faith-based disaster management program
- Only FAA-approved air traffic control program
- 25 faith traditions on campus
- 34% of students are Mennonite
- 24 chapels required per semester (12 for full-time off-campus students)
- 30 student-led Campus Worships per year
- 35+ service learning opportunities available on campus and in local community