Total enrollment: 409
11% international students
43% U.S. students from outside of Kansas
46% students from Kansas
Students come from 37 U.S. states and 17 countries in addition to the United States.
Countries represented: Albania, Brazil, Canada, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, Honduras, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, South Korea
U.S. states with 50 or more students at Hesston: Kansas
States with 11 to 49 students at Hesston: Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia
States with 6 to 10 students at Hesston: California, Colorado, Nebraska, Oklahoma
States with 1 to 5 students at Hesston: Arizona,Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, Wyoming
Compared to two-year colleges nationwide, benchmark scores according to data from the college’s most recent entry in the Community College Survey of Student Engagement, Hesston College surpassed the average score for all two-year colleges and the average score for colleges in the top 10% nationwide in all six areas measured by the survey.
- Student effort: Average score for all two-year colleges – 50%; average score for top 10% of colleges – 57%; Hesston College’s score – 59%
- Academic challenge: Average score for all two-year colleges – 50%; average score for top 10% of colleges – 57%; Hesston College’s score – 70?%
- Active and collaborative learning: Average score for all two-year colleges – 50%; average score for top 10% of colleges – 60%; Hesston College’s score – 71%
- Support for learners: Average score for all two-year colleges – 50%; average score for top 10% of colleges – 59%; Hesston College’s score – 71?% – the highest in the nation.
- Student-faculty interaction: Average score for all two-year colleges – 50%; average score for top 10% of colleges – 58%; Hesston College’s score – 73% – the highest in the nation.
More than 3/4 of Hesston College courses are above the average of other colleges, earning the college exceptional distinction among two- and four-year institutions nationwide. The Individual Development and Educational Assessment
Average ACT score of first-year students: 22.1
97% of Hesston College alumni say they would Start Here again.
Average percent of Hesston College student satisfaction compared to what’s important to them: 96.
According to the Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI), Hesston College students are more satisfied than their peers at private four-year colleges and universities nationwide in all five areas measured by the survey.
- Instructional effectiveness
- Student centeredness
- Campus climate
- Safety and security
- Responsiveness to diverse populations
Unique in Kansas
- Overall nursing licensure rate of 99% and the only college/university in Kansas to offer both a two-year ADN degree and a four-year BSN degree
- One of two FAA-approved flight training programs
- Only faith-based disaster management program
- 25 faith traditions on campus
- 33% of students are Mennonite
- 24 chapels required per semester (12 for full-time off-campus students)
- 30 student-led Campus Worships per year
- 35+ service learning opportunities available on campus and in local community