Hesston College is looking for a Women’s Soccer Head Coach to lead a competitive NJCAA Division II women’s soccer program. The head coach provides vision and leadership for the program while creating and sustaining an atmosphere that promotes the academic and personal growth of Hesston’s student-athletes.
Reporting to the Athletic Director, the head coach’s leadership in this program will include:
- Management, instruction and administration of all phases of the women’s soccer program in accordance with all NJCAA and college regulations;
- Developing a comprehensive recruiting plan that focuses on meeting set recruitment and retention goals of qualified student-athletes;
- Managing practice, game preparation, strategy and player development;
- Completing administrative duties (i.e. assistant coach supervision, scheduling of tournaments and practices, budget management and travel arrangements);
- Monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes;
- Participating in community outreach and fundraising initiatives for the athletic department.
Hesston’s athletic program is built on the Hesston College athletic core values: accountability, engagement, joy and community. The coach will model these values and mentor student-athletes to grow in each them.
To be successful in this position, the head coach will need a passion for soccer and the success of student athletes. The coach must be organized, self-motivated, have excellent communication skills and be a positive role model, department member and representative of the college. Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree with successful soccer coaching experience at the collegiate level and knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations or a willingness to learn. The head coach has a varied work schedule to include afternoons, nights and weekend hours, combined with business hours and some moderate travel.
If this 9-month, benefits-eligible position sounds of interest to you, send an application and resume to email@example.com. Our goal is to hire the most qualified candidates, and that could be you! Hesston College embraces continual learning of diversity, equity and inclusion on campus. EOE