Hesston College invites qualified candidates to apply for our Women’s Soccer Head Coach. This part-time, benefits eligible position is responsible for overseeing all duties associated with a competitive NJCAA Division II women’s soccer program and is responsible for providing the vision and leadership in the development of the program.
- Provide vision and leadership in the development of a competitive NJCAA Division II women’s soccer program.
- Create and sustain an atmosphere that promotes academic and personal growth of student athletes.
- Comply with NJCAA rules and Hesston College Athletic Core Values: accountability, engagement, joy and community.
- Develop a successful comprehensive recruiting plan with focus on recruitment and retention of qualified student athletes. Meet goals for student visits, applications, deposits and program enrollment.
- Oversee practice planning and player development.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the program including team travel, scheduling of tournaments and practices, budget management and travel arrangements.
- Identify, recruit and supervise an assistant coach.
- Engage in community outreach and alumni engagement initiatives.
- Participate in fundraising initiatives for the Athletic department and the women’s soccer program.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Successful soccer coaching experience, collegiate level preferred.
- Demonstrated success in recruitment of student-athletes.
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations or a willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- This position requires afternoon, night, weekend hours combined with business hours and some moderate travel.
Candidates must display a commitment to Christian higher education and the mission and values of Hesston College. Please send cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com. Review of applicants begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. EOE
Located 30 minutes north of Wichita, Kansas, Hesston College is a private, Christian liberal arts college that operates on a two-plus-two model. Historically a two-year college, most of Hesston’s programs of study are two-year transfer and associate degree programs. Hesston also offers four-year bachelor’s degree programs in nursing and aviation, and keeps an eye on industry trends and student needs to develop programs and offerings to best meet those needs. As a part of Mennonite Church USA, Hesston College is committed to fostering a Christ-centered community built on Anabaptist values.