Located 30 minutes north of Wichita, Kansas, Hesston College is a private, Christian liberal arts college that operates on a mixed model. Historically a two-year college, most of Hesston’s programs of study are two-year transfer and associate degree programs. Hesston also offers four-year bachelor’s degree programs in nursing, aviation and business, and keeps an eye on industry trends and student needs to develop programs and offerings to best meet those needs. As a part of Mennonite Church USA, Hesston College is committed to fostering a Christ-centered community built on Anabaptist values.
Hesston College seeks candidates for Vice President of Academics. This full-time position reports to the college president and is a member of the administrative council. The Vice President of Academics leads faculty and academic support personnel in the development, implementation, and systematic strengthening of the academic program of the college.
- Lead the process to set overall vision and direction for areas of oversight, tracking and measuring success
- Report and make recommendations on areas of oversight to the president, which includes surfacing issues, opportunities and success stories that benefit Hesston College.
- Actively participate on the Administrative Council to help set goals, directions, and strategic priorities for the college.
Academic assessment, planning and budgeting
- Lead divisional chairs and resource faculty in the processes of academic assessment, planning and budgeting.
- Ensure that an adequate and efficient structure and process is in place for the systematic assessment of student learning, strategic planning and budgeting.
Oversight for academic organizational structure
- Oversee professional programs, collaborating with program directors to ensure program success and synchronization with the strategic plan.
- Provide leadership for faculty in the development of academic structures, policies and practices.
- Meet regularly with the faculty chair to discuss academic issues and set the agenda for faculty meetings.
- Work with academic dean to provide leadership for the development and implementation of an annual academic calendar.
Leader of the promotion of scholarship and academic standards
- Work with academic dean in the evaluation of each academic program, division and department.
- Assist faculty in identifying and measuring key indicators of academic achievement. Encourage faculty in the defining, demonstrating and promotion of scholarship.
- Provide a structure for supporting and recognizing high student academic achievement.
- Provide a structure for the early identification and intervention for students who are academically at risk.
Minimum qualifications for this position include a doctorate in a related field and at least five (5) years in a position that shows an increase in responsibility and oversight. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to Christian higher education and the mission and values of Hesston College. To apply, send a letter of interest, application and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. EOE