Hesston College seeks a dual role for a Snack Shop Manager and Dining Assistant. This position is part time with the potential for full time, on a 9-month work agreement. Schedule will vary weekly, but includes day, evening and weekend shifts.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Larks Nest Snack Shop
- Hire and onboard student workers
- Train employees on proper use of equipment
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed
- Create and maintain employee and vendor schedules
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses
- Maintain accurate inventory counts
- Add new menu items based on monthly promotions and seasonality
- Ensure all work areas are clean and tidy
- Follow recipes, prep vegetables and assist cooks
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
- Previous experience in a commercial food setting preferred
- Administrative experience to include basic computer knowledge
- Basic budgeting and marketing experience
- Availability to work within opening hours (A.M. and P.M. shifts including minimal weekends)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- High school diploma
Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to Christian higher education and the mission and values of Hesston College. Hesston College embraces diversity, inclusion and equity on campus.
Application Deadline: Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.