Hesston College seeks applicants for a full-time Nursing Professor to begin August 2023. This position is a nine-month appointment, and reports to the Director of Nursing Education. The primary responsibilities of this position are to teach nursing courses including medical/surgical nursing (theory and skills), lead study groups for Fundamentals/Med/Surg content, and supervise clinical experiences in medical/surgical units. Teaching obligations will also include the integration of competency-based components as outlined by the Essentials of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses and department and campus committees.
Expectations of Nursing Faculty:
- Affirm the mission of Hesston College and of the Hesston College School of Nursing.
- Uphold the expectations and responsibilities of Hesston College faculty as presented in the Human Resources Manual, Hesston College Faculty Handbook and Hesston College Experience Guide.
- Reflect the college mission (i.e., a student-centered approach) and embody characteristics of the program’s philosophy (i.e., holistic approach and caring) in relationships with students.
- Support nursing students while upholding academic and clinical standards established by the Hesston College School of Nursing and the nursing profession.
- Promote effective relationships with administration, staff and clients within assigned clinical agency.
- Assist in the development, assessment and revision of the nursing curriculum and program policies.
- Participate in professional, community and college organizations, activities and projects.
- Be conversant with and uphold requirements and expectations of the faculty role as defined by the Kansas State Board of Nursing, clinical agency contracts and the Hesston College nursing position descriptions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing Education.
- Licensed to practice professional nursing in Kansas.
- Master’s degree in nursing required.
- Previous teaching experience in a nursing program preferred.
- Demonstration of currency in nursing knowledge and clinical practice.
- Meets the Nursing Technical Standards of the program.
- Meets the requirements for employment including successful background check and drug screen required for clinical agency placement.
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for educating and nurturing each student within a Christ-centered community, integrating thought, life and faith for service to others in the church and the world, you will find a home at Hesston College. Hesston College faculty are supported in the development of their skills, and both skilled and novice teachers are encouraged to apply.
If this full-time, benefits-eligible position sounds of interest to you, send your letter of interest, application, curriculum vitae and copies of transcripts to email@example.com. Hesston College embraces continual learning of diversity, equity and inclusion on campus. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until filled. EOE