Hesston College is looking for an energetic and creative person to fill our open Facilities Director position. As Hesston’s Facilities Director, you will be responsible for leading all facets of Campus Facilities operations in an organized and disciplined way while setting overall vision and direction for the department. The director supervises several full-time and part-time employees with indirect personnel including student workers and volunteers.
As the Facilities Director you will
- build relationships with departments across campus, fostering a customer service mentality within Campus Facilities.
- establish and maintain plans to ensure ongoing maintenance and repairs are occurring in a timely manner and that future renewal and replacement needs are being clearly identified.
- manage various auxiliary revenue sources such as laundry, vending, guess houses and rental properties to maximize revenues for the college as well as user experience.
- assist with compliance and maintenance of property, liability and workers comp insurance relationships in coordination with the Business Manager and/or V.P. of Finance.
- assist with campus security and safety efforts, in coordination with Student Life leadership.
- manage departmental budgets including the annual capital budget in coordination with the V.P. of Finance and input from stakeholders across campus.
- provide leadership to new building or major renovation efforts in conjunction with the V.P. of Finance, serving as a key day-to-day contact with the architect and contractors during construction.
If you share our values and our enthusiasm to educate and nurture each student within Christ-centered community, integrating thought, life and faith for service to others in the church and the world, you will find a home at Hesston College.
Our goal is to find someone with an associate degree in a relevant field (construction management, business finance/administration, management or related), who has at least five years of related experience.
If this on-site full-time, 12-month work agreement, benefits-eligible position sounds of interest to you, tell us you are interested by sending a cover letter, application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t feel like you meet all the above requirements? Apply anyway. Our goal is to hire the most qualified candidates, and that could be you! We will start reviewing applications immediately.