Hesston College is seeking applicants for a full-time Director of Library Services. The director is responsible for the management and direction of the library and the coordination of library services with all areas of the college community.
- Supervise library operations and train and supervise library staff
- Ensure that reference, circulation and all other library services are performed in a timely manner
- Select resources for purchase and/or addition to the library collection and advise the campus of those additional resources
- Work with faculty and other campus entities to determine learning resource needs; maintain accurate processing, cataloguing and circulation of those resources
- Stay informed on current innovations in library science, including library technology trends and virtual programming, and recommend to the administration and other relevant parties those that would best serve the college
- Plan, prepare and submit proposals for future growth and enhancement of library services
- Prepare and recommend budget based on the requirements for effective operation of the library
- Ensure accurate data and records via the integrated library system
- Preserving and maintaining college archives
- Serve on college committees
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications include a master’s degree in library science and three or more years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above. If you share our values and our enthusiasm to educate and nurture each student within a Christ-centered community, integrating thought, life and faith for service to others in the church and the world, you will find a home at Hesston College.
To apply, send a letter of interest, application, curriculum vitae and copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position works for just over 9-months, begins August 2022 and reports to the Vice President of Academics. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until filled. EOE