Hesston College seeks applicants for a full-time, 12-month, faculty-designated position as Director of Assessment, Accreditation and Institutional Research. The director will oversee the college’s assessment systems and accreditation and will provide leadership for creating and maintaining effective practices in accordance with the institution’s strategic plan. The director serves the needs of faculty, staff and administration by evaluating, communicating and leading change in the areas of academic and institutional effectiveness. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as accreditation liaison officer for the Higher Learning Commission and other accrediting bodies – attend annual meetings and lead the re-accreditation process.
- Build and maintain files and databases, documenting all aspects of assessment plans, implementation activities and progress toward achieving assessment goals in accreditation, student learning outcomes, program review and the educational goals of the college.
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision for an effective data-driven analytical framework for academic assessment and continuous compliance with the institution’s accrediting bodies.
- Provide leadership in institutional research and guide, develop, analyze and submit all internal and external accountability and accreditation reports for the college.
- Educate faculty and staff regarding accreditation and assessment processes and build their awareness and involvement.
- Coordinate and monitor faculty and staff development and training regarding assessment.
- Remain current on government regulations and keep the campus informed regarding best practices in assessment and accreditation policies and policy changes.
- Prepare written reports, presentations and other data for survey and assessment research findings for institutional departments and administrative leadership.
- Provide leadership and support for the assessment of the college’s strategic plan
- Other duties as assigned by the vice president of academics
A master’s degree or terminal degree in higher education, assessment, educational research, educational leadership or a related discipline is required, and a minimum of three years administrative experience in higher education and/or professional educational organizations is preferred. The desired candidate has good communication and organizational skills, is attentive to details and possesses the ability to think analytically. Experience with Jenzabar higher education software is helpful. This position reports to the vice president of academics.