Hesston College seeks applicants for a full-time Business Professor with duties beginning January 2023. This position is a nine-month appointment, and reports to the Director for the School of Management. The primary responsibility of this position will be to teach business courses that may include, but are not limited to management, MIS Systems Thinking, Analytics and Digital Economy, leadership, marketing, organizational development, and global business. Online and hybrid courses may be part of a faculty member’s teaching obligations, including the development of new courses that meet the Hesston College standard of excellence in teaching and the teaching of already-existing online
EXPECTATIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach classes in various subjects including, but not limited to management, MIS Systems Thinking, Analytics and Digital Economy, leadership, marketing, organizational development and global business.
- Hold regular office hours
- Advise students to ensure academic success and internship guidance.
- Provide community visibility for the Business Management program.
- Share responsibility for program design and curriculum development for all delivery methods including, but not limited to, on ground, online, blended, seminar, etc.
- Select textbooks and develop syllabi, course materials and Moodle (learning management system) content, etc.
- Serve as liaison for students, faculty and administration.
- Implement the program assessment and improvement plan.
- Serve on college committees as appointed and regularly attend meetings.
- Teach a regular load of classes each semester, per the faculty handbook.
- Preferred subject matter experience in business, leadership and/or management
- A doctoral degree in business, leadership, management or equivalent is strongly preferred. A master’s degree (in the same disciplines) will be considered for those with significant practical business experience.
- An understanding of college level teaching and learning principles.
- Experience or training in academic course design and curriculum development.
- Familiarity with a learning management system.
- The ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- The ability to solve problems and think critically.
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for educating and nurturing each student within Christ-centered community, integrating thought, life and faith for service to others in the church and the world, you will find a home at Hesston College. Hesston College faculty are supported in the development of their skills, and both skilled and novice teachers are encouraged to apply. If this full-time, benefits-eligible position sounds of interest to you, send your letter of interest, application, curriculum vitae and copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hesston College embraces continual learning of diversity, equity and inclusion on campus. This 9-month position begins January 2023. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until filled.