Each member of the Hesston College community is invited to commit to the following principles, which not only lead to healthy and safe living, but also to caring for ourselves and each other as Jesus illustrates in the parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10:29, when he asks, “Who is my neighbor?”
I commit to taking care of Myself by…
- screening myself daily for viral symptoms;
- washing my hands thoroughly and using hand sanitizer often;
- talking to my family and/or medical provider about the benefits of getting a flu vaccination in the fall;
- limiting my travel/activities off campus to those that are essential.
I commit to taking care of my Neighbor by…
- wearing a mask unless I am home or alone in my room, office, or outside;
- maintaining social distance of six feet or more both in and outside of the classroom;
- staying home if I am ill or or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19;
- modeling healthy behaviors and encouraging the same of others.
I commit to taking care of our Community by…
- keeping my belongings, personal spaces, and shared common areas clean;
- participating in testing and contact tracing to preserve the wellness of the Hesston College community;
- learning new information as it becomes available about COVID-19 and encouraging others to do the same;
- engaging with communication offered to the campus community from Hesston College or other reliable sources.
- Have you experienced any of the following symptoms since last reporting to work or class: cough, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell?
- Are you caring for someone who is experiencing any of the symptoms listed in #1?
- To your knowledge, were you exposed to anyone who is showing symptoms of or has been recently diagnosed with the coronavirus?
- Have you traveled to an area in the last 14 days where health authorities are reporting large numbers of COVID-19 cases?
- Is your current temperature 100.4°F or higher?
- Have you noted all individuals in which you came into contact for more than 15 minutes and without maintaining 6 feet of physical distancing?
If you answer YES to any of questions 1-5…
ON-CAMPUS STUDENTS: Contact your RD.
OFF-CAMPUS STUDENTS: Contact your academic advisor.
EMPLOYEES: Contact your manager.