Hesston College Lark Commitment: Each member of the Hesston College Community is invited to commit to the following principles that will not only lead to healthy and safe living, but also to caring for ourselves and each other as Jesus asks of us in the parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10:29 where he asks, “Who is my neighbor?”
We commit to:
taking care of ourselves by…
- self-screening daily for viral symptoms
- washing hands thoroughly and using hand sanitizer often
- talking to others including family and/or medical provider about the benefits of getting a COVID-19 and/or flu vaccination
- following the distancing and mask wearing expectations when with others
taking care of others by…
- staying home when ill or or after exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- following isolation and quarantine protocols in place if on a contact list or test positive for COVID-19
- modeling healthy behaviors and encouraging the same of others
taking care of our Community by…
- keeping belongings, personal spaces and shared common areas clean
- participating in testing and contact tracing as requested to preserve the wellness of the community
- learning new information as it becomes available about COVID-19 and encouraging others to do the same
- engaging with communication offered to the campus community from Hesston College or other reliable sources.
- Have you experienced any of the following symptoms since last reporting to work or class: cough, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, diarrhea, or new loss of taste or smell?
- If unvaccinated, beyond working in a healthcare setting, are you caring for someone who is experiencing any of the symptoms listed in #1?
- If unvaccinated, are you aware of any exposure to anyone who is showing symptoms of or has been recently diagnosed with COVID-19?
- If unvaccinated, have you traveled to an area in the last 14 days that appears on the KDHE travel list?
- At the end of each day, note all individuals with whom you came into contact for more than 15 minutes and without maintaining 6 feet of physical distance.
If you answer YES to any of questions 1-4…
ON-CAMPUS STUDENTS: Contact your RD.
OFF-CAMPUS STUDENTS: Contact your academic advisor.
EMPLOYEES: Contact your manager.