Summary: It is imperative that we have open communication between students, advisors, professors and coaches regarding students’ health status, so we can do our best to not only care for each of them, but also keep the rest of the campus as healthy and safe as possible. Because the virus spreads so quickly, we must be responsible and diligent so it does not negatively impact our ability to serve students and reach academic goals.
Commuting students who experience one or more of the symptoms listed below and know of a potential source where they may have been exposed to COVID-19: cough, difficulty breathing, fever of 100.4 or above, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or new loss of taste or smell, must make necessary arrangements to be tested and/or seen by a medical provider. They will also contact their academic advisor to update the college on their health status. The academic advisor will submit a Lark by Lark alert and notify the quarantine coordinator who will assist with on campus contact tracing.
Commuting students who need to be absent due to exposure by someone who is symptomatic or has tested positive with COVID, will contact their academic advisor and keep them informed when test results are available and/or quarantine requirements are determined. The academic advisor will submit a Lark by Lark alert. In each case, the VP of Student Life will close the Lark by Lark alert when it is safe for the student to return to class.
The local clinics that provide testing for COVID-19 are the following:
- Mid Kansas Family Practice (Hesston) – 620-327-2440
An appointment is required. They only test those who have symptoms and results will take 7-10 days.
- Partners in Family Care (Hesston) – 620-327-2314
An appointment is required, and will determine the need for a test. Results will take 5-8 days.
- Newton Medical Convenient Care (Newton) – 316-281-9700
No appointments needed, but call from their parking lot to check in. Results will take 8-10 days.
- Hesston Pharmacy (Hesston)
Go to www.DoINeedACovid19Test.com for screening and online scheduling. Results in 2-5 days.
- Newton Medical Center Orthopedic (for athletes)
If a commuter student has symptoms,
they should remain isolated at home until results are received from the testing service provider. Until results of the testing are finalized, the symptomatic student should list with whom they have been in contact within 6 feet and for longer than a 10-minute time frame. These students should quarantine at home/in their rooms until test results are available. Students on this list will be notified by the quarantine coordinator or member of Student Life department by email, copied to the associate academic dean (and coach if an athlete), and required to self-quarantine in their rooms/at home and attend classes virtually until test results of the symptomatic student are returned.
If the test results are negative:
- no further action is required and the commuting student may resume normal activities.
- quarantined students will be notified by the quarantine coordinator, copied to the associate academic dean, that they may also return to class.
If the test results are positive:
- The student’s medical provider will report the results to the local health department which may become involved in the contact tracing process and may also choose to do testing of the entire campus.
- The quarantine coordinator will communicate the testing results to the associate academic dean and to the students who will remain in quarantine. The health department will determine the length of quarantine remaining.
Notifications regarding isolation and quarantine may include associate academic dean, coach and academic advisor. Details of the notification should be on a “need to know” basis, being careful to observe FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
Campus announcements of any positive tests will come through Deb Roth, VP of Student Life, as requested by local health authorities and to comply with the Clery Act.
If you know of any student who is admitted to the hospital for any reason, please notify both the Academic and Student Life offices to be sure they are aware.