The information included on our COVID pages and policies is our minimum standard. There may be times where we need to look at additional restrictions for specific events on a case-by-case basis.
Hesston College Larks caring for each other in a post-vaccine reality includes the following:
COVID-19 rates are stable or decreasing in Harvey County and/or surrounding counties according to KDHE data.
- Kansas is not on a travel restricted list.
- Symptomatic as well as asymptomatic testing and results are readily available.
- COVID-19 vaccine is widely available for most students.
General Campus-wide Requirements & Expectations
- Students and employees are required to share whether they are vaccinated or not.
- Students who are not vaccinated will be required to share a negative COVID test result within 7 days prior to arrival.
- Hesston College Lark Commitment 3.0 practices are in place for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
- Academic calendar returns to two 16-week semesters with midterm breaks.
- Classes are offered in-person unless hybrid or online only.
- Classrooms will return to original capacity with faculty directing seating assignments.
- Nursing classes are held in Lambright 1.
- Music lessons and practices are planned based on students’ vaccination status.
- First come, first served use of practice rooms is available to all students.
- Performing Arts community events will be planned according to venue requirements.
- Daily health self-screenings for all are promoted campuswide and rapid testing is available for all individuals who experience COVID symptoms.
- Individuals testing positive for COVID must be isolated off campus at their own expense until cleared by local health authorities.
- Single rooms are available for any student for an additional semester single-room fee. All other students will be assigned to a double-occupancy room.
- Hesston Mennonite Church Sanctuary is the location for chapel/forum gatherings. One section will be set aside for distancing purposes.
- The dining hall is configured for the largest space possible and operates at full capacity with buffet-style dining. One section is reserved for distancing purposes.
- Commuter students, employees and community members may purchase meals and eat in the dining hall.
- Games/practices/spectators will follow guidelines set by Hesston College’s athletics governing bodies (NJCAA and KJCCC) with COVID-19 game procedures and travel policies in place.
- Athletes who are not vaccinated must wear an N-95 mask during travel, and are required to test prior to competitions as requested by the athletic department personnel.
- Roommates for overnight stays will be assigned according to vaccination status.
- Masks will be expected in all indoor athletic facilities (including meeting and fitness rooms) for unvaccinated individuals.
- Fitness room operates at full capacity and is open to all students with HCLC 3.0 requirements in place.
- Employees must share vaccination status with the HR department and are strongly encouraged to share this information with their manager.
- Current mask and meeting policies must be followed.
- Employees are expected to commit to the HCLC practices, including daily health self-screening, even if vaccinated.
- If travel to a recognized KDHE hot spot zone is necessary, a self-quarantine may be required upon return according to most recent KDHE guidelines.
- Employees are allowed to purchase meals and eat in the dining hall.
- Faculty, Staff and All-Employee meetings may be held in a location with appropriate seating capacity, using an online platform, or in a hybrid format.
External Engagement and Travel Guidelines
- Prospective student visits may resume with current mask guidelines in place.
- Overnight campus visitors are allowed to stay with proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID test within one week prior to arrival.
- Community events may be planned with mask expectations for those who are not vaccinated, options for distanced seating available and with consideration of outdoor venues when appropriate.
- Work-related travel may resume with consideration of KDHE travel guidelines.
- College-approved student travel will consider guidelines of Hesston College and of the hosts involved.
- Vaccine status will be considered during external engagement events and travel planning. Those who are unvaccinated and are traveling in an official Hesston College capacity are expected to wear a mask just as they would in the workplace.