Hesston College seeks applicants for a new full-time, 12-month administrative position with faculty status as Director of Engineering Education. Desired candidate has a master’s degree or higher in mechanical, electrical or computer engineering or related field, as well as professional experience in both engineering and higher education settings.
- administering the college’s degree programs in engineering, including an experientially-based bachelor’s degree program under development;
- recruiting, orienting, leading and evaluating engineering faculty and staff;
- meeting with prospective students and alumni;
- building key industry partnerships in south-central Kansas and communities throughout the U.S. where the college has strong ties;
- cultivating and supervising student practicum opportunities through industry partners;
- advancement for the program, including grant writing and fundraising;
- establishing and maintaining program accreditation through ABET;
- teaching a minimal number of courses, as time allows;
- visioning and strategic planning for the program;
- establishing and managing a budget.
Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to Christian higher education and the mission and values of Hesston College. Position is available immediately, but start date is negotiable. Review of applications begins January 21, 2020. To apply, send letter of interest, application, curriculum vitae or resume to email@example.com. EOE