- December 2 to 4 – Prairie Lights
- Experience the quiet beauty of Kansas at Prairie Lights at Dyck Arboretum of the Plains December 2 to 4: native grasses shifting in the wind, lights reflecting in the pond and leafless trees lit like living sculptures. Observing tens of thousands of twinkle lights adorning the arboretum and illuminating the grounds is a great way to kick off the Christmas season and find renewed appreciation for the prairie landscape. Tickets available online at dyckarboretum.org.
- December 3 – Nursing Open House
- If you are considering a career in nursing, you will not want to miss the Hesston College Nursing Open House on December 3 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can learn about the BSN or LPN to BSN program, hear from current students and faculty and tour the college’s wonderful facilities. Hesston College is proud to offer a strong tradition in nursing. Register at hesston.edu/nursingopenhouse.
- December 3 – Holly Jolly Community Day
- Join Hesston College for Holly Jolly Community Day on December 3 at Yost Center. Guests receive free admission to the Lark women’s and men’s basketball games that day. At 1 p.m. the Lark women will take on Bethel College JV and at 3 p.m. the Lark men will take on Haskell Indian Nations University. The day includes free popcorn for all in attendance, Christmas activities for kids, a holiday photo booth and performances by the HC dance team.
- December 3 – It’s a Wonderful Life
- Get in the holiday spirit with Hesston College’s Performing Arts department’s presentation of It’s a Wonderful Life: The Live Radio Play. The performance will be on December 3 at 7 p.m. in Hesston Mennonite Church. Join Hesston College performing arts for this holiday classic. Admissions is free to the public and will also be live streamed at hesston.edu/livestream.
- December 6 – Sunflower Performing Arts presents Calmus: Christmas A Cappella
- This outstanding vocal quintet based in Leipzig, Germany, comes to Hesston College to bring a concert featuring Christmas songs from around the world. Hesston College Bel Canto Singers will perform with Calmus on select numbers. Join us on December 6 at 7pm in Hesston Mennonite Church for a great Christmas performance. Tickets can be purchased online at sunflowerarts.org or by calling 620-327-8158.
- December 11 – Prairie Window Concert Series: John Fullbright
- Come enjoy a concert at Dyck Arboretum featuring John Fullbright on December 11 at 4 p.m. This performance is part of the Prairie Window Concert Series. Crust and Crumb will be there serving savory and sweet treats at intermission. Purchase tickets at dyckarboretum.org.
- January 11 to May 8 – Missional Leadership Class
- The “M” word – you’ve heard it, you’re intrigued, but what does it really mean? Join Michele Hershberger to learn what “missional” means and how a proper understanding of this concept can transform your congregation. As part of the class you will see the Bible through a missional lens and learn great tips for starting your church on a journey of spiritual renewal and growth. You can join the class in person on Hesston’s campus or online via Zoom on Monday evenings starting January 16 through May 8, 6:30 to 8:45 p.m. CST. Contact Michele Hershberger at email@example.com for more information. Register online by January 9, 2023.
- February 4 to 5 – Know Jesus
- Save the Date for Hesston College’s Know Jesus conference for junior high youth. Contact Michele Hershberger at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please pray for students as they study for and complete their finals. Also pray for traveling mercies as they travel back home to rest and enjoy time with family and friends between semesters.